We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to our site, in particular information that is capable of identifying an individual ("personal information").
Your Personal Information
Personal information about visitors to our sites is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
How We Collect Personal Information
In the course of providing our services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, information is collected when you:
- Enquire about or request our service/s or product/s
- Ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists
- Apply for a job with us
- Visit our web site or
- Become a member or client of the company
We may from time to time receive and store certain automatic non-identifiable information relating to your use of, and behaviour on the site. This information is commonly referred to as "clickstream" information. For example, we may record information such as the areas of the site accessed by you, the time, date and URL of the pages requested by you, your browser software, your IP address, and/or the previous web site that you have linked to the site from. The recording of such information enables us to identify the areas of our sites that are most popular and to tailor the site accordingly.
We may also collect personal information from third party service providers.
How Personal Information is used
We will generally use personal information to:
- provide you with the products and services you have requested;
- personalise and customise the advertising, products and services included on the site;
- manage our business and enhance our products and services;
- contact you and allow HomeGuru suppliers and sponsors to contact you; and
- comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
From time to time, we may provide aggregated statistical information about access patterns, navigational techniques, product sales, etc. to reputable third parties. However, in all instances such information will simply comprise aggregated data collected users, and will not include any direct personal information that identifies any site visitor.
We may sometimes use the personal information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reason for collection. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented
- Where the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a way or
- Where we are permitted or required by law, or it is in the interests of public safety to do so.
By providing your personal information you consent to us and our sponsors and service providers using your personal information to provide you value added services. Based on your preference, this includes contacting you by telephone, mail or e-mail to discuss products and services. You also consent to us, our sponsors and service providers, offering you products and/or services which you may agree to purchase, and this extends to goods or services from us or any third party.
Personal information may be disclosed:
- Where you have consented;
- Where disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted;
- In special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our site's rights or property, users of this site, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
- If we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
You can also request that information about you be accessed, corrected or deleted by contacting us by email email@example.com. This is part of our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our site. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us and to ensure its security on our systems. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information. While we take all appropriate measures to safeguard against the unauthorised disclosure of personal information, no responsibility can be accepted for the conduct of third parties outside of our control. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of your personal information.
Sensitive information, such as credit card and related financial information that is transmitted to our and from our servers is secured using encryption methods such as secure socket layers technology (SSL). You will know when transmitted data is safe by the appearance of a security notice when you enter a secure page. A secure icon will also appear on your browser - for Microsoft Internet Explorer this is a lock icon, and for Netscape Navigator it is small key icon. Finally, you can identify secure pages by the fact that they begin with "https://" (as opposed to http:// for standard pages).
Links to other sites
Further Privacy Information